Find us on Google+ Rev. DavidRosser: Are You At War?

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Are You At War?


Tanya James

As Christians, there are some things you can be sure of … battles will come, the enemy will try to take you out, people will come against you, and life as a Christian will not always be easy. There is simply no denying that spiritual warfare is real and present.

However, you can find encouragement in the fact that you will get through it. It’s one thing to be at war and not know the outcome. But how awesome is it to know that we have the victory in God? Even when it seems impossible … ultimately, we win.

There is a scripture that I absolutely love because it seems to sum it all up for me.

“We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” II Corinthians 4:8-9

When I find myself in the midst of spiritual warfare, I go straight to God’s word. (This is a good time to have some scripture hidden in your heart). It’s true - you must put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11-18)

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1

“…If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31

“I have called you by your name, You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.” Isaiah 43:2-3

You can fight me. You can talk about me. You can run my name through the mud. You can hurt me. You can betray me. You can deny me. You can mistreat me. You can take everything I own. You can try to destroy. You can plot against me. You can misuse me. You can lie on me. You can try to kill me.

..and even if through human eyes it appears that I’ve been conquered – I can continue to stand firm on what GOD said. Yes, you may appear to win a battle here and there … but the war … you can’t win!

“No weapon formed against me shall prosper.” Isaiah 54:17a

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment