Find us on Google+ Rev. DavidRosser: Maintaining Divine Health

Friday, November 6, 2009

Maintaining Divine Health

Interrupting GoGo's catnap to tell her about t...Image by elycefeliz via Flickr

Dr. Betty R. Price

I have spoken many times about how we need to be doers of the Word of God so that when we face our greatest challenges, all the discipline and training that went into our becoming doers of the Word will work on our behalf. But if we do not develop our most holy faith on the little issues of life when the bigger challenges arise we won't be able to stand.

What is just as important as building up our faith is maintaining it after we have faced a major attack from the devil. Too many Christians think that once God has helped them withstand such an attack, they can relax because they have won the battle. But the devil is still walking about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). If we don't remain vigilant and continue walking by faith, Satan will find some way to take advantage of our laxity.

When I was diagnosed with inoperable lymphoma back in 1990, I had to undergo major surgery just so the doctors could diagnose the condition. The results of that biopsy were the worst news one could receive. Many people receiving the same news would have given up and gone home to die!

But because of the Word, I had built up in me, and because I gave that Word precedence over all the circumstances concerning my health, God was able to work through the doctors to manifest my healing. Still, if I hadn't continued giving the Word first place in my life by confessing and acting on it, and if I hadn't changed some things in the natural to take care of my body, I might not be enjoying my divine health today.

To maintain my health in the spirit realm, I continue to confess every day that God restores health to me and heals me of all my wounds (Jeremiah 30:17). I continue to say that whatever things I ask when I pray, I believe that I receive them, and I shall have them (Mark 11:24).

I declare daily that every cell in my body is normal and that every organ is functioning properly. I praise and thank the Lord for it all. Another Scripture I confess is Psalm 103, the first five verses of which read:

1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

These are wonderful verses to confess, not just when you are sick but all the time so you can keep your spiritual immune system built up.

There are also some physical things we should do along with confessing and living by God's Word. One of the things we need to do to keep our "temples" in good shape is exercise. Paul writes in 1 Timothy 4:8, For bodily exercise profits a little... and we need to take advantage of the little profit that it gives us.

Although I don't like to exercise, I like the results that come from exercising, such as feeling better, improved muscle tone, staying healthier and sleeping more soundly at night. For this reason, I purpose to do the exercise because I want to live a long and healthy life.

I exercise three times a week. After stretching I do 175 sit-up crunches, 50 side kicks and 50 back kicks for each leg, and a total of 90 arm raises with five-pound weights. Please keep in mind that whatever exercise program you choose to do, go consult with a doctor before starting the program so he can help you decide what is best for you.

Along with exercising, you have to watch what you eat. This is where I have made the most changes. Before the cancer attack, I seldom ate live fruits and vegetables. Now I make sure to do so every day-fruit in the morning, a salad at lunch and vegetables with my meal at night. I also used to drink nine cups of coffee a day and I would not drink water because I did not like the taste of water.

But we all need to drink water so we can flush the toxins out of our system. If we don't, those toxins can build up and cause all sorts of problems later on in life. Now I have only two cups of coffee a day and drink plenty of water every day.

Not long ago, I went to the doctor for a minor aliment. Upon a thorough examination the doctor said that I was in the best of health and that everything looked normal. Praise God that He says that with long life He will satisfy me (Psalm 91:16), and that He always honors His Word for those who will stand on it. I also thank God for bringing people into my path who encouraged me to take better care of my body. God definitely has a part to play in our health, but our part in keeping our temple healthy is just as important.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment