Find us on Google+ Rev. DavidRosser: Step Away From the Blender

Friday, January 8, 2010

Step Away From the Blender

Milan Ford

I'm pretty confident that what I am about to share with you is going to make you laugh. But, I pray it will also make you think as well. So please be prepared to do both.

I'll never forget an email I received one day from a friend of mine who was struggling with the terms of a New Year's fast and consecration her church had recently begun.

Although she was a devoted believer, and understood fully the importance of fasting, she honestly did not know if she was going to make it through the entire journey.

This is what she sent me:

"Milan, this may sound crazy, but I came real close to putting a piece of chicken in my blender the other night. Not to sure if I can keep up this liquid-only thing. Pray for me..."

{Insert Big Laugh Here}
Although I'm sure you'll agree with me that her email was a bit extreme, I can't help but wonder how many of us as believers, now only a few days into the New Year, have already given up on some goals we set out to accomplish this year?

Are we really (as believers) this undisciplined?

This year, what bad habit have you already returned to that you know you need to get rid of?

Or have you returned to a relationship you know God has already told you to leave alone?

And after all the pep talk many of us received on New Year's Eve, are you still going to sit back and believe that your boss, your spouse, or some wrinkled up bank receipt is going to control your destiny in God?

Again I ask: Are we really (as believers) this undisciplined?

I realize this phrase may be getting a little old now, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Happy New Year Everyone!
It is now 2010. It is time to move beyond where you were last year.

I refuse to allow myself, my family, or anyone within my reach, settle for less than what God has already empowered them to accomplish this year. And neither should you.

So, just in case you're feeling a bit discouraged today, and have already begun to cast doubt on some of the goals you had set for this year, feel free to read this over and over again today.

And please. If you don't do anything else...

STEP AWAY FROM THE BLENDER.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment