Find us on Google+ Rev. DavidRosser: In God’s Hands

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In God’s Hands



By: Pastor Olu Brown

Published: June 02, 2010

A few weeks ago, I thought I was going to miss my flight to Chicago. I was in Washington D.C. speaking at a conference with very limited time to finish speaking, load up, race to the airport and catch my flight. I am sure you know what happened next. Of course, I ran into traffic. It was absolutely the worst traffic ever. Initially, I was optimistic, thinking the traffic would break and that I would make it in time. The longer I was in traffic the more I realized I would not make the flight. My friend who was driving the car did his best to encourage me but I knew I was going to miss this one.

I dialed the 800 number for the airline to request a flight change and was disappointed because as I was preparing to book a later flight and pay a flight change fee, suddenly my phone disconnected. Little did I know it was for the best. I decided to wait and change my flight plans once I arrived at the airport and pay the flight change fee on site. I arrived at the airport 30 minutes before my flight was scheduled to depart and I knew I was cooked. I walked up to the ticket counter and said to an agent, “I know I missed my flight and would like to be placed on the later flight to Chicago.”

In a moment, something happened that had never happened to me before. The wonderful agent asked for my driver’s license, keyed in my information and told me that I could make the flight. She hurried through her task and told me to follow her. Unbelievably, this wonderful ticket agent walked me to the security checkpoint and through the line of people waiting all the way to the security screening section.

I know this sounds crazy but she even went through the security screen with me. She was my angel in disguise. Because of her, I made the flight without a minute to spare and as I sat on the plane, I was grateful for the ticket agent because she went out of her way to make sure I made the flight.

Lately, I have been experiencing many moments like this when I am pressed for time or pressed to make a decision. These moments come no matter how much I prepare, wake up early or hope for the best. In these moments, I have a tendency to become afraid and set my mind towards failure or the worst possible outcome. The flight attendant gave me a good lesson on life that reminded me when I think it is over there is always hope.

God has a unique way of providing angels who step into our lives and help us navigate through the tough and uncertain times. Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds us to trust God in spite of what we see, feel or think. God has a way of helping us navigate through life’s maze to achieve the ultimate God Goal. This is an amazing category of faith that I have not conquered. To be honest, there are times when I do not trust and I depend on my own understanding.

What impressed me the most about the ticket agent is that her badge gave her the power and authority to move me through places and situations that I could not maneuver on my own. When I think about her power and authority, I think about God’s power and authority to guide my life and my journey towards God’s preferred destination. It truly is in God’s hands.

Scripture Of The Day: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

The lead pastor of Impact Church, located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, Pastor Olu Brown has helped grow Impact into one of the fastest growing new church starts in America. For more information about Pastor Brown, log onto http://www.imp

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment