Find us on Google+ Rev. DavidRosser: God's Guidance

Friday, June 5, 2009

God's Guidance


God's Guidance
Tanya James


So often when crisis occur or when we find ourselves at a crossroad and need to make a decision about something - we begin trying to reach out to people for advice. We call our spouses, our friends, our siblings ...sometimes we may even talk to our co-workers. We do all of this in hopes of discovering the correct path to take in a given situation.

So we get the advice, and things take a turn for the worst, and then we sometimes even get a little upset with the one we received advice from - as if it their fault things worked out the way they did.

I have news for you ... it's time to seek the "Master Guider" of our lives. Who better to seek counsel and guidance from than our Creator? No longer do you need to call and email everyone in your address book when you have a problem. No longer do you have to dump your burdens on your loved ones to find relief.

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord ..." Psalm 37:23a
"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you ..." Psalm 55:22a
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105
"Direct my steps by your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me." Psalm 119:133

God wants you to trust Him with your whole heart. You shouldn't feel the need to pick and chose what you take to Him. There is no issue too big or too small.

One of the best parts of going to God for me is how He is always available. I can remember times when I was going through certain things and it seemed like I couldn't reach anyone by phone, text or email. It was at those times, that I began to depend on God for the guidance I needed. And in time, I didn't go to Him as the last resort but instead He is the first place I turn. To the point now when crisis has come and gone and people find out about it - I often hear, "I had no idea that was going on" or "You should have called me."

We have to learn to look up, when things look down ...you can NOT go wrong when you receive your guidance from the Lord.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment